Chris and Vanessa's intimate backyard wedding took place in Nevada City. Walking up to it was so exciting. The ideal intimate setting. Cute white home. Calm energy. Chill friends. Detailed decor. And a whole lot of love. These two are pretty rad humans. They're the kind of people who are head over heals about each other. The kind of people who's first date lasted 12 hours. It's hard to put into words their connection. You just have to see it. They are perfect for each other. Scroll down and take a look for yourself.
Favorite moments (from Chris & Vanessa):
- Seeing each other for the first time
- Hearing everyone’s words at our ceremony
- Actually getting married to one another
- The “shoe game” - from our friends’ & families’ questions to answering them so accurately
- The toasts
- The short ribs
- Dancing with our nephew & ring bearer
- Seeing the day all come together
- When Vanessa’s Mom gave Chris a hug at the pergola
Chris got ready at The National Hotel in downtown Nevada City.
All the ceremony feels...
After marriage plans:
- Vanessa will change her last name
- We’ll hug our cat
- We’ll visit groups of friends & family whom we couldn’t invite (or who couldn’t otherwise make it)
- Our original plans for our honeymoon are unfortunately no longer possible, so we are going to figure out where we’d best like to celebrate and are happy to have our honeymoon to look forward to.
- We’ll take about a year to enjoy each other as a married couple & then start to consider having children
Fun fact: Vanessa loves goats.
When will they get a goat?? "Right now we live in the city (SF), so once we have the space we’ll start looking for the right goat to join our family. In our retirement, at the latest."-Chris & Vanessa
Congratulations Chris and Vanessa!!!!
Want to see more photos? Check out their engagement photos. Click HERE.
Rad humans/companies who helped out:
- Second Shooter/Associate Photographer: Kylie Compton Photography
- Officiant: Leah (Chris and Vanessa's friend)-She did an incredible job!
- DJ: Matthew C. - She Said Yes
- Caterer: Antonio Ayestaran
- Florist: Debbie (family friend)
- Baker: Emily’s Catering & Cakes
- Executive Washroom: Dave with Executive Washrooms
- Makeup/Hair: Kristi B @ Bel Capelli